Tough, consistent and great value, Sterling OSB3 is a precision-engineered structural board for use in load bearing humid conditions.
It sets the standard for load bearing applications in house building and commercial construction.
To find your nearest Sterling OSB3 stockist, please visit the stockists page.
- Stronger than most softwood plywood, thanks to the tens of thousands of real wood strands that go into every board.
- Cut waste with precision engineered panels. Each pack contains uniform, high quality panels, with no knots, voids or delamination problems.
- Don’t let the weather hold you up. Construction can go on with structural panels that perform even when it gets a bit wet.
- Tough enough to meet most load-bearing applications in house building and construction; Sterling OSB is BBA Approved and conforms to Eurocodes.
- Make the job easier with a panel that’s simple to saw, drill, nail, plane, file or sand. Nails can be driven as close as 8mm from the panel edge without splitting.
- Work with a sustainable building product that’s FSC certified and made from timber grown in the UK. It’s manufactured here too, meaning fewer carbon miles clocked up in transportation.
Sterling OSB3 is suitable for:
- Timber frame housing.
- Flat and pitched roofs.
- Wall sheathing.
- Portable buildings.
- Agricultural buildings.
- Decorative panelling.
Sterling OSB3 has the following certifications:
The FSC product label allows consumers worldwide to recognise products that support the growth of responsible forest management. In an increasingly environmentally aware marketplace many demand the FSC mark on their wood products: with Norbord it comes as standard.
The BBA (British Board of Agrément) is designated by UK Government to issue European Technical Approvals. This provides third party security and further guarantee of SterlingOSB performance in modern construction applications.
This quality certification offers a benchmark for manufacturers, designers and erectors that provides sufficient confidence in their companies and products for them to be specified in the UK.
The CE mark (from the French, ‘Conformité Européan’) is intended to promote the free movement of products within the EU by showing that essential health and safety requirements have been met.
For more detailed information, please download the brochure.
Available in the following sizes:
|Size (mm)||Thickness (mm)|
|2440 x 1220||11, 15, 18|
|2400 x 1200||9, 11, 15 (laid measure 2397 x 1197mm)|
|2700 x 1200||9 (laid measure 2697 x 1197mm)|
Other panel sizes and thicknesses are available. For a bespoke cut to size service, please call your stockists to discuss your requirements.
OSB2 - for structural use in load bearing dry conditions.
OSB3 Tongue & Groove - sanded and machined to exact tolerances
Roofdek - specifically designed roofing board, sanded with T&G