We are committed to helping our people reach their full potential and proud that our customers tell us that Norbord people are some of the most experienced they have met. The reason is simple: we recruit the best, continually invest in their skills and create an environment where they want to develop their careers.
Trust and mutual respect for our people are cornerstones of the Norbord Europe culture. It is central to Norbord achieving long-term sustained success. It underpins our reputation and our profitability: it is to be valued and nurtured.
Karl Morris, MD Norbord Europe
It is our policy to:
- Eliminate discrimination and promote equality of opportunity in employment regardless of age, gender, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religion or other philosophical belief, disability, marital or civil partnership status, political affiliation, sexual identity or sexual orientation.
- Provide structured training for all employees at all levels to ensure that each has the opportunity to reach their potential.
- Provide a rewarding and engaging work environment and have the skills to take responsibility for health and safety.
- Encourage every employee to find their voice in our business to be able to raise opportunities and concerns and to give their opinions openly in a valued manner.
- Provide training, mentoring and guidance to ensure that each employee can take full responsibility for personal health and safety within the working environment.
- Provide a mechanism that allows the employee to raise concerns within a safe environment.